Painting to me is relieving and expressing a mood or a feeling from inside, subconscious as well as registrations and interpretations of everyday life – social, emotional and general. I do it on paper, hardboard, canvas, cardboard, in structures, collages, brushstrokes, colors, signs, figures and letters, or whatever it takes to bring about that feeling.
While my painting is abstract and absolute, photography seldom is. It's about searching and capturing a sense, an expression, whether it's in the faces of demonstrating workers in San Cristobal de las Casas, the surface of a rough wall in Reykjavik or a pattern in the streets of Tokyo. Every picture holds a story, often untold, kept by the object, transformed by the photographer and presented to the receiver.
- Solo exhibition Artbreak Gallery, New York, 2018,
- Group exhibition, Room 14C, Carlton Arms hotel, New York.
- Solo exhibition, Addo, Malmö 2017.
- Solo exhibition, Galleriet, Malmö, 2015
- Solo exhibition, ADDO, Malmö, 2014.
- Elected member of Konstnärscentrum Syd, 2014.
- Artist in residence at Carlton Arms Hotel (room 14C), New York, 2013.
- Group exhibition at The National Arts Club, New York, 2013.
- Elected member of The Swedish artists organization (KRO) 2011.
- In house exhibition at Restaurang Riche, Stockholm, 2010.
- Artist in residence in Budapest, Hungary, and Port of Spain, Trinidad, 2009.
- Solo- and group exhibition at the Merlin theater, Budapest, 2009.
- Solo exhibition at Konstrum Järnet, 2009.
¨A painting should not be a depiction of things but an object in its own right, an object of power, a thing of presence, with an ability to stir and awaken.¨